-   -   Paste function is disabled when a text box has the focus (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127740-paste-function-disabled-when-text-box-has-focus.html)

alanleecohen

Paste function is disabled when a text box has the focus

Excel 2003 -

I am attempting to Paste selected text that was "copied" from a Word
document into a textbox on an Excel spreadsheet.

The Paste & Paste Special menu items are disabled when any of the Textboxes
have the focus, but they are ENabled if I click on an unlocked cell. I can't
paste any of the copied text into the corresponding Textbox without Ctl+V,
but the users are adamant about using the menu to Paste.

Although the copied text is displayed when I EditOffice Clipboard, I am not
allowed to select any items to paste from the clipboard window unless the
focus is on an unlocked cell (not a textbox).

Thanks,
Al