-   -   Setting up a ledger theme in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127677-setting-up-ledger-theme-excel.html)

Russell Reid

Setting up a ledger theme in excel

I am trying to find out how to set up a ledger theme in excel. Something
similar to the style that was available in 2003 that applied alternating
shading to rows to make a large spreadsheet easier to read. Am i missing
something or is there no way to setup an automatic theme that can be adjusted
as a spreadsheet grows to accommodate additional or deleted rows. In 2003 I
just highlighted and reapplied the style. I would like to be able to do that
in 2k7. Thanks.
--
Russell Reid

Debra Dalgleish

Setting up a ledger theme in excel

If you format the data as a table, you can apply a style with shaded rows.
Select a cell in the data
On the Ribbon, click the Insert tab, and click the Table button
Confirm your table range and click OK
A table style will be automatically applied, and you can choose a
different style.

Russell Reid wrote:
I am trying to find out how to set up a ledger theme in excel. Something
similar to the style that was available in 2003 that applied alternating
shading to rows to make a large spreadsheet easier to read. Am i missing
something or is there no way to setup an automatic theme that can be adjusted
as a spreadsheet grows to accommodate additional or deleted rows. In 2003 I
just highlighted and reapplied the style. I would like to be able to do that
in 2k7. Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures