-   -   how to return the value of the last nonblank cell in a row? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127662-how-return-value-last-nonblank-cell-row.html)

WINDMILL

how to return the value of the last nonblank cell in a row?

Does anyone know of a method to return the value of the last nonblank cell in
a row?
I have a running total spreadsheet that contains links to other workers, the
value that I need in the reference cell has to be the last value in the row,
it may be b22 then next time c22, d22 etc
all suggestions appreciated.

Don Guillett

how to return the value of the last nonblank cell in a row?

One way to match any number larger than possible in your row.
=INDEX(3:3,MATCH(9999999,3:3))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"WINDMILL" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a method to return the value of the last nonblank cell
in
a row?
I have a running total spreadsheet that contains links to other workers,
the
value that I need in the reference cell has to be the last value in the
row,
it may be b22 then next time c22, d22 etc
all suggestions appreciated.

Dave F

how to return the value of the last nonblank cell in a row?

Use this: =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MAX((DataRange2<"")*ROW(DataRan ge2)),
COLUMN(DataRange2),4))

See here for more info: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelF.htm , under the
section titled Finding the Used Part of a Range

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.