-   -   Conditional Formatting - allowing for Blank Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127561-conditional-formatting-allowing-blank-cells.html)

Hojo

Conditional Formatting - allowing for Blank Cells

I have a form that we are setting up to calculate the number of days someone
may have missed their due date on a project. We have if cell value is
greater than 0 it turns the cell red if we have if the cell value is less
than or = to 0 it turns green. But since not all of the projects have been
entered if the cell is blank it still turns green. Any ideas to write a
condition that recognizes a null value. I already tried if cell value is
"null" - it didn't work.

Thanks,

SteveW

Conditional Formatting - allowing for Blank Cells

use a formula
like =if(cell<"",if(cell0,1,0),0) - red
and =if(cell<"",if(cell<=0,1,0),0) -green

Steve

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:55:01 -0000, Hojo
wrote:

I have a form that we are setting up to calculate the number of days
someone
may have missed their due date on a project. We have if cell value is
greater than 0 it turns the cell red if we have if the cell value is less
than or = to 0 it turns green. But since not all of the projects have
been
entered if the cell is blank it still turns green. Any ideas to write a
condition that recognizes a null value. I already tried if cell value is
"null" - it didn't work.

Thanks,

Earl Kiosterud

Conditional Formatting - allowing for Blank Cells

Hojo,

Select the cells. Note the active (white) cell.
Format - Conditional Formatting
Formula is: =AND(A2=0, A2<"") change A2 to your active cell
Click Format and set up the green.
Click "Add" and set up the red for 1 in the usual way.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com