-   -   select more than one item in list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127549-select-more-than-one-item-list.html)

jen_writer

select more than one item in list

Hello,
I tried to use a combo box to create a list, but after posting a question on
this site, the only info I got about selecting more than one item from the
list was to use a macro to put info in a separate cell.

I then tried the list box on the forms menu and this allows me to select
multiple items by holding down the control key. this is exactly what I
wanted. However, is there a way to make this list a drop-down list instead of
a basic list with double arrows? (I don't want to have to use more than one
cell)
thanks
Jen

jen_writer

select more than one item in list

never mind, I just noticed the macro example from earlier has different tabs
and there is one that does exactly what I need!

"jen_writer" wrote:

Hello,
I tried to use a combo box to create a list, but after posting a question on
this site, the only info I got about selecting more than one item from the
list was to use a macro to put info in a separate cell.

I then tried the list box on the forms menu and this allows me to select
multiple items by holding down the control key. this is exactly what I
wanted. However, is there a way to make this list a drop-down list instead of
a basic list with double arrows? (I don't want to have to use more than one
cell)
thanks
Jen

jen_writer

select more than one item in list

ok but, I want to use a combo box instead of the cell validation. what do I
need to change in the below macro?

Option Explicit

Dim rngDV As Range
Dim oldVal As String
Dim newVal As String
If Target.Count 1 Then GoTo exitHandler

On Error Resume Next
Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation)
On Error GoTo exitHandler

If rngDV Is Nothing Then GoTo exitHandler

If Intersect(Target, rngDV) Is Nothing Then
'do nothing
Else
Application.EnableEvents = False
newVal = Target.Value