-   -   How do I clear blank space at the top of a word-wrapped text cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12752-how-do-i-clear-blank-space-top-word-wrapped-text-cell.html)

mirage1210

How do I clear blank space at the top of a word-wrapped text cell?

Often when I set cells to word-wrap and then auto-fit the row height, cells
with text will end up with a blank line or two at the top. It's not extra
spaces in the text because when I go to the formula bar, there's nothing
before the start of the text. I can manually adjust the size of each row,
but that's a hassle and not very consistent!

Thanks.

Carole O

In the same Format, Cells, Alignment, select Top in Text Alignment Vertical.

HTH,

Carole O

"mirage1210" wrote:

Often when I set cells to word-wrap and then auto-fit the row height, cells
with text will end up with a blank line or two at the top. It's not extra
spaces in the text because when I go to the formula bar, there's nothing
before the start of the text. I can manually adjust the size of each row,
but that's a hassle and not very consistent!

Thanks.

mirage1210

Thanks, Carole... I did try that, but then it just moves the blank space to
the *bottom* of the cell. Either way, I end up with a row that's not the
right height for the contents.