-   -   Find value in range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127477-find-value-range.html)

EstherJ

Find value in range

I need a formula in column D that looks at the row of formulas in A-C and if
one of the formulas returns "TRUE" then I need the formula in col D to return
"CHECK"

Thanks,

Esther

A B C D
1 FALSE TRUE FALSE CHECK
2 FALSE FALSE FALSE OK
3 FALSE TRUE FALSE CHECK
4 FALSE FALSE FALSE OK
5 FALSE FALSE TRUE CHECK

Ashkan

Find value in range

in D1 type:
=IF(OR(A1,B1,C1),"Check","Ok")

"EstherJ" wrote:

I need a formula in column D that looks at the row of formulas in A-C and if
one of the formulas returns "TRUE" then I need the formula in col D to return
"CHECK"

Thanks,

Esther

A B C D
1 FALSE TRUE FALSE CHECK
2 FALSE FALSE FALSE OK
3 FALSE TRUE FALSE CHECK
4 FALSE FALSE FALSE OK
5 FALSE FALSE TRUE CHECK

Dave F

Find value in range

=IF(COUNTIF(A1:C1,"TRUE")0,"CHECK","OK")

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"EstherJ" wrote:

I need a formula in column D that looks at the row of formulas in A-C and if
one of the formulas returns "TRUE" then I need the formula in col D to return
"CHECK"

Thanks,

Esther

A B C D
1 FALSE TRUE FALSE CHECK
2 FALSE FALSE FALSE OK
3 FALSE TRUE FALSE CHECK
4 FALSE FALSE FALSE OK
5 FALSE FALSE TRUE CHECK

Ashkan

Find value in range

If you didn't use FALSE() / TRUE() function in A-C
=IF(OR(A1="True",B1="True",C1="True"),"Check","Ok" )