Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add background color to cell

Using Excel Professional 2003 - I have a text value in B1 and text value in
I1. If both values are true, I would like to change the background color in
B1 to red. For example, if B1="Overdue" and I1="WebForm" then B1 is
"Overdue" in red otherwise no background color. Tried conditional formatting
but don't think that works when two conditions have to be true.

Also tried IF(AND) statement but don't know what or how to specify the
background variable or word. I know vbRed.
=IF((AND(B2="Overdue",I2="WebForm")),"Overdue".vbR ed,"OVERDUE") doesn't work
- error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Conditional formatting works for this. Try putting the condition as as
formula i.e. Formula Is, then enter =AND(B1"",I1"") and set the formatting
you want. If the two cells are greater than null, the cell should change
colour