-   -   Excel 2000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127049-excel-2000-a.html)

Basharat A. Javaid

Excel 2000

Lately, when I am edit an existing file and then safe it, the system creates
another file with the same name with ~xxxx.TMP added after the xls
extension. It does not happen every time but it happens quite often.

If I try to open the tmp file, I get the message "unable to read the file".
If I try to delete it, I get the message "cannot delete xyz.xls~xxxx.TMP,
access denied.. make sure your disk is not full or is not write protected or
the file is not in use".

I can only delete these tmp files after I reboot my computer.

What's going on or what I am doing to make this happen.

Basharat Javaid.