-   -   Count function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126915-count-function.html)

L.T.

Count function

Hi everyone, I am not good at explaination, so if you can understand what I
am saying it is ok.
I am looking for a function that can count the number of time appear each
number in the column C
for example, there are two "81" in column C, if I type in the function that
will be appear "2" in the cell.

A B C
Date Time Dest TM
15-Jan 20:00 81
15-Jan 23:45 51
15-Jan 0:30 22
15-Jan 16:00 22
16-Jan 20:00 81
16-Jan 23:45 51
16-Jan 0:30 22
16-Jan 16:00 22
16-Jan 17:40 51

Thank You

[email protected]

Count function

COUNTIF?
L.T. wrote:
Hi everyone, I am not good at explaination, so if you can understand what I
am saying it is ok.
I am looking for a function that can count the number of time appear each
number in the column C
for example, there are two "81" in column C, if I type in the function that
will be appear "2" in the cell.

A B C
Date Time Dest TM
15-Jan 20:00 81
15-Jan 23:45 51
15-Jan 0:30 22
15-Jan 16:00 22
16-Jan 20:00 81
16-Jan 23:45 51
16-Jan 0:30 22
16-Jan 16:00 22
16-Jan 17:40 51

Thank You

[email protected]

Count function

COUNTIF?
L.T. wrote:
Hi everyone, I am not good at explaination, so if you can understand what I
am saying it is ok.
I am looking for a function that can count the number of time appear each
number in the column C
for example, there are two "81" in column C, if I type in the function that
will be appear "2" in the cell.

A B C
Date Time Dest TM
15-Jan 20:00 81
15-Jan 23:45 51
15-Jan 0:30 22
15-Jan 16:00 22
16-Jan 20:00 81
16-Jan 23:45 51
16-Jan 0:30 22
16-Jan 16:00 22
16-Jan 17:40 51

Thank You

Fred Smith

Count function

You want Countif, as in:

=COUNTIF(C:C,81)

Fred

"L.T." wrote in message
Hi everyone, I am not good at explaination, so if you can understand what I
am saying it is ok.
I am looking for a function that can count the number of time appear each
number in the column C
for example, there are two "81" in column C, if I type in the function that
will be appear "2" in the cell.

A B C
Date Time Dest TM
15-Jan 20:00 81
15-Jan 23:45 51
15-Jan 0:30 22
15-Jan 16:00 22
16-Jan 20:00 81
16-Jan 23:45 51
16-Jan 0:30 22
16-Jan 16:00 22
16-Jan 17:40 51

Thank You

T. Valko

Count function

Try this:

=COUNTIF(C2:C10,81)

Biff

"L.T." wrote in message
Hi everyone, I am not good at explaination, so if you can understand what
am saying it is ok.
I am looking for a function that can count the number of time appear each
number in the column C
for example, there are two "81" in column C, if I type in the function
that
will be appear "2" in the cell.

A B C
Date Time Dest TM