-   -   Save - Auto Recovery (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12686-save-auto-recovery.html)

Evan

Save - Auto Recovery

I noticed that when working on large excel files the program often gets
caught up and at the bottom left hand corner the program is performing a Save
Auto Recovery. What causes this and is there a way to minimize this?

Gord Dibben

Evan

Assuming version 2002 or 2003.

ToolsOptionsSave

You can set the time interval to something greater or disable the AutoRecovery
feature completely.

Help gives a good account of AutoRecovery usage and settings.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:09:05 -0800, "Evan"
wrote:

I noticed that when working on large excel files the program often gets
caught up and at the bottom left hand corner the program is performing a Save
Auto Recovery. What causes this and is there a way to minimize this?

Jim Rech

The Autorecovery feature automatically saves your work in case of a crash.
There is no real overhead to it and it can only help if you do crash.
However if you'd rather lose all your work<g, turn it off under Tools,
Option, Save.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP