-   -   concatenate text and date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12685-concatenate-text-date.html)

Tara Keane

concatenate text and date

when I concatenate a text field & " "&date field it's displaying the text
fine but displaying the date in serial number
e.g. location and date 01/01/2001
becomes location and 19283
How can I maintain the date format?

galimi

="Text " & text(now(),"mm/dd/yyyy")

Replace now() with your date and mm/dd/yyyy with the formatting you desire

http://HelpExcel.com

"Tara Keane" wrote:

when I concatenate a text field & " "&date field it's displaying the text
fine but displaying the date in serial number
e.g. location and date 01/01/2001
becomes location and 19283
How can I maintain the date format?

Peo Sjoblom

Use the TEXT function

=text field & " "&TEXT(date,"mm/dd/yyyy")

Peo Sjoblom