-   -   open dialog box...conversion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126835-open-dialog-box-conversion.html)

Carrie

open dialog box...conversion

Hi,

at work IT just changed software from 2000 to 2003.

in open-dialog box....i have it set to list. the old list file names columns
were a lot closer together ...in views - list. therefore, i could see a lot
more spreadsheets to choose from. now I only see two columns in the
open-dialog window. the other settings don't allow me to see many
spreadsheets, either.

thanks

Dave Peterson

open dialog box...conversion

It sure looks like excel's File|Open dialog shows each column wide enough for
anything in that column while you're in List view.

Maybe you can change to Details and adjust the columnwidth the way you like.

--

Dave Peterson

Carrie

open dialog box...conversion

Dave,

my goal is to have as many spreadsheets appear in the open dialog box

i changed to detail, choose only name, saw where you could adjust the pixels
for the column length....learned something new.

However, the column just goes straight down, where you have to scroll down
to see more spreadsheets in the folder.

so in trying that, the list still shows more spreadsheets in the one box
without
touching the arrows.

also my boss would like to see the open dialog box when he opens up excel.

thanks,

carrie wrote:

Hi,

at work IT just changed software from 2000 to 2003.

in open-dialog box....i have it set to list. the old list file names columns
were a lot closer together ...in views - list. therefore, i could see a lot
more spreadsheets to choose from. now I only see two columns in the
open-dialog window. the other settings don't allow me to see many
spreadsheets, either.

thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

open dialog box...conversion

That dialog box is re-sizable.

I keep mine large enough to see 3 columns.

You can drag it larger and get 4 columns.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:31:37 -0800, carrie
wrote:

Hi,

at work IT just changed software from 2000 to 2003.

in open-dialog box....i have it set to list. the old list file names columns
were a lot closer together ...in views - list. therefore, i could see a lot
more spreadsheets to choose from. now I only see two columns in the
open-dialog window. the other settings don't allow me to see many
spreadsheets, either.

thanks

Dave Peterson

open dialog box...conversion

I don't have any other suggestions for the file|open view.

But you do have a response to your other post.

carrie wrote:

Hi,

at work IT just changed software from 2000 to 2003.

in open-dialog box....i have it set to list. the old list file names columns
were a lot closer together ...in views - list. therefore, i could see a lot
more spreadsheets to choose from. now I only see two columns in the
open-dialog window. the other settings don't allow me to see many
spreadsheets, either.

thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

open dialog box...conversion

Also, the size settings stick after you have made the adjustments.

Gord