-   -   Extending the number of lines in a worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126763-re-extending-number-lines-worksheet.html)

Mike

Extending the number of lines in a worksheet

There are 65536 lines in a worksheet (less in earlier versions) and you cant
add more or delete any. If you delete an empty row between 2 full rows then
the empty row is simply put back by Excel in a different place. Once youv'e
used all 65536 lines then that it for that worksheet.

If you have more lines than noted above then some serious data pruning may
be necessary.

"Deborah" wrote:

Sometime ago I had a macro that would automatically add lines in a worksheet
if the file being imported was larger than the worksheet. I have since lost
that macro.

Does anyone know what it is?