-   -   how to format a cell that contains formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126661-how-format-cell-contains-formula.html)

Sam

how to format a cell that contains formula

how to format a cell that contains formula?
i have a cell that has a Concatenate formula in it. but the cells that are
getting concatenate have different format( for ex. one word is red and one
number is Bold with(,) in the middle). what should i do to keep the format
when i concatenate the cells into one cell ?
my main goal is to automate an analysis sentence, that contains percentage
and formatted words (increase[bold and red] or decrease[bold and blue]) in
it.

RagDyeR

how to format a cell that contains formula

See all the answers to your previous post.

RD

"Sam" wrote in message
how to format a cell that contains formula?
i have a cell that has a Concatenate formula in it. but the cells that are
getting concatenate have different format( for ex. one word is red and one
number is Bold with(,) in the middle). what should i do to keep the format
when i concatenate the cells into one cell ?
my main goal is to automate an analysis sentence, that contains percentage
and formatted words (increase[bold and red] or decrease[bold and blue])
in
it.

Sam

how to format a cell that contains formula

The prevouse post doesn't help my new problem. when i Concatenate all the
data into one cell they lose their color and boldness. i need to keep the
color and other formatting. how can i do that?

"Sam" wrote in message
how to format a cell that contains formula?
i have a cell that has a Concatenate formula in it. but the cells that are
getting concatenate have different format( for ex. one word is red and one
number is Bold with(,) in the middle). what should i do to keep the format
when i concatenate the cells into one cell ?
my main goal is to automate an analysis sentence, that contains percentage
and formatted words (increase[bold and red] or decrease[bold and blue])
in
it.

JE McGimpsey

how to format a cell that contains formula

You can't do that without using an Event macro to concatenate and format
the cell.

Formulae can't change formatting, they only return values to their
calling cells.

In article ,
Sam wrote:

The prevouse post doesn't help my new problem. when i Concatenate all the
data into one cell they lose their color and boldness. i need to keep the
color and other formatting. how can i do that?

Sam

how to format a cell that contains formula

Thanks. please refere to this link for the answer...
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...4-f97aa7ba95e4