-   -   New formula: = does not disappear (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1266-new-formula-%3D-does-not-disappear.html)

Mike

New formula: = does not disappear

In an excel sheet, I am typing in a new formula: "=Master!C271". However,
instead of showing what is in that cell, it shows the formula. Does anyone
know how to fix this?
Thanks!

JulieD

Hi Mike

tools / options / view - untick formulas

or

the cell was preformatted as text,
use edit / replace -
look for: =
replace with: =

this tends to fix it

Cheers
JulieD

"Mike" wrote in message
In an excel sheet, I am typing in a new formula: "=Master!C271". However,
instead of showing what is in that cell, it shows the formula. Does anyone
know how to fix this?
Thanks!

Mike

Thanks Julie. This worked like a charm!

"Mike" wrote in message
In an excel sheet, I am typing in a new formula: "=Master!C271". However,
instead of showing what is in that cell, it shows the formula. Does anyone
know how to fix this?
Thanks!

JulieD

you're welcome and thanks for the feedback