-   -   Merging multiple workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126505-merging-multiple-workbooks.html)

Stacey

Merging multiple workbooks

I have about 30 different workbooks that we update monthly for financial
closing. We want to create one workbook that combines certain sheets from
each of those 30 books, change their tab names and send to the executive team
for monthly reporting. We have figured out that we can run a macro to do
that but it keeps getting hung up at the prompts for updating linked
workbooks and like named tabs. Any suggestions?

Dave F

Merging multiple workbooks

The first suggestion would be to post the code your macro is using and
indicate where it's stopping.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Stacey" wrote:

I have about 30 different workbooks that we update monthly for financial
closing. We want to create one workbook that combines certain sheets from
each of those 30 books, change their tab names and send to the executive team
for monthly reporting. We have figured out that we can run a macro to do
that but it keeps getting hung up at the prompts for updating linked
workbooks and like named tabs. Any suggestions?

Ron de Bruin

Merging multiple workbooks

Start here Stacey
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm