-   -   Comparing Spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126457-comparing-spreadsheets.html)

Richard

Comparing Spreadsheets

I need to merge two spreadsheets based on customer#. What would be the
easiest way to do this without VB?

My biggest problem is that I have not been able to confidently determine if
each spreadsheet has all the relevant customer #s. Is there a function in
Excel that can compare the two lists and tell me if any customers are missing?

Bernard Liengme

Comparing Spreadsheets

Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tingDuplicates
where Chip has lots of stuff on this topic
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme