-   -   Unable to pre-format cells to text when exporting data to csv or x (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126263-unable-pre-format-cells-text-when-exporting-data-csv-x.html)

The Big P

Unable to pre-format cells to text when exporting data to csv or x

I frequently have to export data from an ERP to excel. I can export as csv or
txt and have to manually intervene to change xecel cell format to text so
that the leading zero's aren't lost. I want to automate this process. How (if
at all) can excel be pre-formatted to always open in text format to prevent
the leading zero's been lost?