-   -   How do I export XLS to TXT delimited by '|'? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12606-how-do-i-export-xls-txt-delimited-%7C.html)

Mohsin Ghani

How do I export XLS to TXT delimited by '|'?

I am trying to export an excel document that I have created to a delimited
text file but it needs to be delimited by the character '|'. The only option
that I am getting is tab or comma delimited. Can anyone advise how I can do
either using Excel or is there a 3rd party software that can do this? All
help much appreciated.

Peo Sjoblom

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

Peo Sjoblom

"Mohsin Ghani" <Mohsin wrote in message
I am trying to export an excel document that I have created to a delimited
text file but it needs to be delimited by the character '|'. The only
option
that I am getting is tab or comma delimited. Can anyone advise how I can
do
either using Excel or is there a 3rd party software that can do this? All
help much appreciated.

Earl Kiosterud

Mohsin,

If you don't want to use a macro, get the Text Write Program from
www.smokeylake.com/excel.

--
Earl Kiosterud