-   -   display totals only over a certain amount (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126051-display-totals-only-over-certain-amount.html)

Nek

display totals only over a certain amount

Hi:

I have a worksheet that totals colums for a daily payroll total for a
company. The 1st and 2nd colum need to be entered daily from a different
spreadsheet, the 3rd colum will already have an amount (salary amount) and
that colum is hidden and protected. However, I do not want the total to show
up if the user enters "0" in column 1 and 2 because they would be privy to
the salary amount - so is there a way in excel I can have the spreadsheet
only display a total if it is over a certain amount? This way the salary
would be protected and the amount would only show for example if it is over
$500.

Richard

display totals only over a certain amount

If I understand it correctly if the total is in cell A2 try:

=IF(A2500,A2,"")
--
Richard

"Nek" wrote:

Hi:

I have a worksheet that totals colums for a daily payroll total for a
company. The 1st and 2nd colum need to be entered daily from a different
spreadsheet, the 3rd colum will already have an amount (salary amount) and
that colum is hidden and protected. However, I do not want the total to show
up if the user enters "0" in column 1 and 2 because they would be privy to
the salary amount - so is there a way in excel I can have the spreadsheet
only display a total if it is over a certain amount? This way the salary
would be protected and the amount would only show for example if it is over
$500.

Nek

display totals only over a certain amount

Not sure if I understand, If I am adding A1-3 and the total is in A4 would I
place the =IF(A4500,A1,A2,A3)?

"Nek" wrote:

Hi:

I have a worksheet that totals colums for a daily payroll total for a
company. The 1st and 2nd colum need to be entered daily from a different
spreadsheet, the 3rd colum will already have an amount (salary amount) and
that colum is hidden and protected. However, I do not want the total to show
up if the user enters "0" in column 1 and 2 because they would be privy to
the salary amount - so is there a way in excel I can have the spreadsheet
only display a total if it is over a certain amount? This way the salary
would be protected and the amount would only show for example if it is over
$500.

Richard

display totals only over a certain amount

If the total is in cell A4 then try:

=if(A4500,A4,"")

You can hide and protect the formula in cell A4.
--
Richard

"Nek" wrote:

Hi:

I have a worksheet that totals colums for a daily payroll total for a
company. The 1st and 2nd colum need to be entered daily from a different
spreadsheet, the 3rd colum will already have an amount (salary amount) and
that colum is hidden and protected. However, I do not want the total to show
up if the user enters "0" in column 1 and 2 because they would be privy to
the salary amount - so is there a way in excel I can have the spreadsheet
only display a total if it is over a certain amount? This way the salary
would be protected and the amount would only show for example if it is over
$500.

Nek

display totals only over a certain amount

Richard:

The calculation isn't working. A1 and B1 need to be entered with an amount
daily and C1 is the hidden column - the total is the addition of a+b+c but
only visable if over 500....

thanks for the help!

"Nek" wrote:

Hi:

I have a worksheet that totals colums for a daily payroll total for a
company. The 1st and 2nd colum need to be entered daily from a different
spreadsheet, the 3rd colum will already have an amount (salary amount) and
that colum is hidden and protected. However, I do not want the total to show
up if the user enters "0" in column 1 and 2 because they would be privy to
the salary amount - so is there a way in excel I can have the spreadsheet
only display a total if it is over a certain amount? This way the salary
would be protected and the amount would only show for example if it is over
$500.

Richard

display totals only over a certain amount

I'm sorry I didn't understand you're original problem. This formula should
work.

It does seem though one could figure out the value of C1 by doing some
simple math.

I only hope this helps.

Good luck.

=IF(SUM(A1:C1)500,SUM(A1:C1),"")