-   -   frustrated in backing up essential autofill and autocorrect files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126022-frustrated-backing-up-essential-autofill-autocorrect-files.html)

[email protected]

frustrated in backing up essential autofill and autocorrect files

I want to be sure that when I reload Microsoft Word (and everything
else on my hard drive) that I can get Word to have the file available
that will provide all the autofill and autocorrect entries that I have
programmed in. This seems quite a "no-brainer" but I haven't found any
easy information to be able to back up these files. Can anyone direct
me to how to do this easily and "for sure"? Thanks!

Trevor Shuttleworth

frustrated in backing up essential autofill and autocorrect files

And you would post this to an Excel forum because ... ?

Anyway, look at Tools | Options... and then look at Spelling & Grammar |
Custom Dictionaries for the location of the Dictionaries - Custom.dic, etc.

The File locations tab tells you where Word looks for files or defaults to
when creating files.

Regards

Trevor

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to be sure that when I reload Microsoft Word (and everything
else on my hard drive) that I can get Word to have the file available
that will provide all the autofill and autocorrect entries that I have
programmed in. This seems quite a "no-brainer" but I haven't found any
easy information to be able to back up these files. Can anyone direct
me to how to do this easily and "for sure"? Thanks!

Gord Dibben

frustrated in backing up essential autofill and autocorrect files

Do a file search for *.ACL which is your Autocorrect list

Also search for CUSTOM.DIC which is your custom dictionary wherein you have
entered words not in the default Office Dictionary.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP