-   -   Can't type in Excel; keeps highlighting cell and scrolling (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126008-cant-type-excel%3B-keeps-highlighting-cell-scrolling.html)

mamadude

Can't type in Excel; keeps highlighting cell and scrolling

I'm trying to update an Excel spreadsheet.
I go to cell and can't type.
Cells become highlighted as I scroll and nothing else can be done.
If I scroll back to the original cell the other unhighlight.
Help

pinmaster

Can't type in Excel; keeps highlighting cell and scrolling

Hi,

Try hitting the F8 key!

HTH
Jean-Guy