-   -   Can't use Excel; only scrolls through doc (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126007-cant-use-excel%3B-only-scrolls-through-doc.html)

mamadude

Can't use Excel; only scrolls through doc

Excel won't allow me to type.
While in the document it only keeps scrolling through and highlighting each
cell; unhighlights when I go back to the original cell.
Keeps happening in all my Excel docs

Dave Peterson

Can't use Excel; only scrolls through doc

Do you see EXT in the statusbar at the bottom?
If yes, then hit F8 to toggle that setting (to off).

But it kind of sounds like your keyboard may be stuck. You may want to gently
bang on the ctrl keys and even the mouse buttons--include the wheel mouse button
if you have one.

--

Dave Peterson