-   -   DESCENDING ORDER -in Form (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126005-descending-order-form.html)

Marilyn

DESCENDING ORDER -in Form

Hello
I keep attendance for about 30 people . I have a spreadsheet for each
person. When someone is out I add the date at the bottom of the list.
Since this has to be maintained in descending order I sort the columns. It
takes me more time to sort the columns than entering the dates. Is there a
way to make this process faster. thank you

driller

DESCENDING ORDER -in Form

if it is not a problem, maybe u can just insert a full row on the top of the
list to place the latest date.
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello
I keep attendance for about 30 people . I have a spreadsheet for each
person. When someone is out I add the date at the bottom of the list.
Since this has to be maintained in descending order I sort the columns. It
takes me more time to sort the columns than entering the dates. Is there a
way to make this process faster. thank you

Dave Peterson

DESCENDING ORDER -in Form

In xl2003, you can apply data|filter|autofilter to the range and use the
dropdown arrow to sort your data.

Debra Dalgleish has a technique at her site that adds invisible rectangles in
the headers and then sorts the data by that field when you click on one of those
rectangles.

http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html