-   -   Auto Fill a row of cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/125727-auto-fill-row-cells.html)

Shanny

Auto Fill a row of cells

I have Windows XP using Excel 2003 - using a spreadsheet with several several
rows of data - I have them highlighted in yellow if still open- once it is
closed - i put in a date and then manually highlight the row and select no
fill - so then it is white again. Is there a way to have the whole row
change to no fill if I put a date in that row for example I use columns a
through m for the information needed - I put a date in column L when it is
complete. I would like columns a - m for that row go from yellow to white
when a date is entered.

Gord Dibben

Auto Fill a row of cells

Shanny

Select A1:Mx where x is the last row in range.

FormatConditional FormattingCondition 1Formula is: =$L1<""

Format to "no color" and OK

You can also use Condition 2 to Format to yellow if you wished.

With same selection and CFAddCondition 2Formulas is:

=$L1="" Format to yellow.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP