-   -   Viewing hidden characters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/125712-viewing-hidden-characters.html)

BT Connect

Viewing hidden characters

I have a list of addresses where the wholw address is contained in a single
cell, with each element of the address separated by a CR and LF character
which appear as squares. When I view the same data on another computer,
with the same version of Excel (2003) the squares don't appear.

Does anyone know the setting to display or hide these characters?

Jeff

Lori

Viewing hidden characters

Don't think this is an interface setting but occurs after installing
the later service packs on XL2002/3, the extra characters are still
stored in the cell but just don't display.