-   -   How can I merge two columns containing text in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/125694-how-can-i-merge-two-columns-containing-text-excel.html)

Trissie

How can I merge two columns containing text in excel?

Is it possible to merge 2 lists on excel ie 2 colmns of text into one column?
Thanks Trissie

DannyS

How can I merge two columns containing text in excel?

Use a third column, with the formula =B8&C8

If you want a space between the two use =B8&" "&C8

"Trissie" wrote:

Is it possible to merge 2 lists on excel ie 2 colmns of text into one column?
Thanks Trissie

Bongard

How can I merge two columns containing text in excel?

This is typically pretty easy to manipulate in any way that you want.
If you need more than two columns or a guide to walk you through it,
just look for the function 'concatenate" by clicking the fx in the
formula bar or by going Insert-function. This will walk you through how
to use the formula and will make sure that the syntax is correct.

-Brian