-   -   How do I get a count of number of cells filled in? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/125593-how-do-i-get-count-number-cells-filled.html)

Meenie

How do I get a count of number of cells filled in?

Ok, I think this might be easier than some of my other questions :)
What I want is a count of the number of cells in one row that are actually
used. So any blank ones will not be counted.
For example,
If I'm using cells C7 - AO7 but only C7 - AB7 are actually used, I want
that number. What formula would I use.
I know this is probably Kindergarten, but I don't know how to do it.
Thanks!

Meenie

How do I get a count of number of cells filled in?

OH MY GOSH! I did it myself, nevermind :)
But you folks here were the foundation that allowed me to do it!
Thanks everyone!!!!! :D

"Meenie" wrote:

Ok, I think this might be easier than some of my other questions :)
What I want is a count of the number of cells in one row that are actually
used. So any blank ones will not be counted.
For example,
If I'm using cells C7 - AO7 but only C7 - AB7 are actually used, I want
that number. What formula would I use.
I know this is probably Kindergarten, but I don't know how to do it.
Thanks!

John Bundy

How do I get a count of number of cells filled in?

Just do a count
=COUNT(C7:AO7)

-John
is helpful.

"Meenie" wrote in message
Ok, I think this might be easier than some of my other questions :)
What I want is a count of the number of cells in one row that are actually
used. So any blank ones will not be counted.
For example,
If I'm using cells C7 - AO7 but only C7 - AB7 are actually used, I want
that number. What formula would I use.
I know this is probably Kindergarten, but I don't know how to do it.
Thanks!

T. Valko

How do I get a count of number of cells filled in?

Try one of these:

=COUNTA(C7:AO7)

This will count all *non-empty* cells. This includes formula blanks.

If you only want the count of cells that actually display something:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEN(C7:AO7)0))

This will not count formula blanks.

Biff