-   -   List Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/125392-list-box.html)

Rob

List Box

Hello I need help with a spreadsheet project I would like to improve
on.
I have a spreadsheet the spans many columns. What I would like to do is
set up a drop down list of lets say items in each column
example: column "A" has the word bear in cell a1

a b c d
bear dog cat horse

I want to make a drop down list that works like the "find function"
so if I type be it will find the word bear in the correct column like
is used on web pages for States

hope I explained it well enough for you to understand what I would like
to do.

thank you
Rob

Sean Timmons

List Box

You can do data validation:

Data-Validation...- Select From: List - Select range

Hit the drop-down arrow, and type the first letter/letters of your search
term.