-   -   network file weirdness (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/125390-network-file-weirdness.html)

tamarakay

network file weirdness

Excel 2002 on Windows 2000 machine, network file server win xp
If anyone opens and modifies an Excel file (and only Excel, that is why i'm
posting it here), this user sees variations of 8R8943332 instead of the file
name (such as payroll.xls). If she double clicks the file opens fine, she can
modify etc. the file name just displays wrong in windows explorer and in the
file open dialog box. This follows her from machine to machine. We copied her
user profile and it does it on the new user profile too. Other users see the
file name correctly. Anyone have any clues or want to point me in the
direction of a newsgroup?