-   -   another combine lists question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/125228-another-combine-lists-question.html)

crs

another combine lists question

I have another question about combining 2 excel lists into 1 list

scenario: I have a workbook with 3 sheets
Sheet 1 has a list of students in column A
Sheet 2 has a list of some more students in column A
(completely different from that of

Sheet 1)

Question: I want to combine the 2 lists into 1 single list of all
students onto Sheet 3 without just
copying and pasting because the lists will continually change and may
increase or decrease in size.

Any solutions.....

Thanks in advance!

CRS

Scott

another combine lists question

It depends on whether or not you want it sorted. If you just want a
list:
=IF(ROW(A2)-ROW($A$1)<=(COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1),OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,ROW(A2)-ROW($A$1),0),IF(ROW(A2)-ROW($A$1)<=((COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1)+COUNTA(Sheet2!$A:$A)-1),OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,ROW(A2)-ROW($A$1)-(COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1),0),""))

This assumes that you have a header row on each sheet. (The result is
not sorted)

Scott

crs wrote:
I have another question about combining 2 excel lists into 1 list

scenario: I have a workbook with 3 sheets
Sheet 1 has a list of students in column A
Sheet 2 has a list of some more students in column A
(completely different from that of

Sheet 1)

Question: I want to combine the 2 lists into 1 single list of all
students onto Sheet 3 without just
copying and pasting because the lists will continually change and may
increase or decrease in size.

Any solutions.....

Thanks in advance!

CRS

crs

another combine lists question

It depends on whether or not you want it sorted. If you just want a
list:

Ideally, sorted, but this is a start. Thanks for the quick reply.

CRS

crs

another combine lists question

Actually I don't need it sorted, because I have them sorted already and
I don't want the combined list sorted. I need it just way it is.
Thanks - works great.

CRS