-   -   How to stop template help when opening a file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/125117-how-stop-template-help-when-opening-file.html)

Mucker

How to stop template help when opening a file

Every time I open a file in Excel the TEMPLATE HELP pops up and gets very
annoying. Is there a way to stop it?

SassheyNW

How to stop template help when opening a file

I would be interested in the answer to this, as well.

"Mucker" wrote:

Every time I open a file in Excel the TEMPLATE HELP pops up and gets very
annoying. Is there a way to stop it?

SassheyNW

How to stop template help when opening a file

I just figured out the answer:
Go to Tools/Options/
On the General Tab click Service Options/
In the Category pane, click Online Content/
Clear the Show Template Help automatically when available check box/
Click OK/
Click OK again.