-   -   How can Oracle DB Stored procedure be called in MS Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/125048-how-can-oracle-db-stored-procedure-called-ms-excel.html)

Amol

How can Oracle DB Stored procedure be called in MS Excel?

Hi
I want to call an Oracle DB procedure using Excel. Also, the procedure
puts the processed results in a table. I want to have a report based on
this data( Simple SELECT on the table).

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

-Amol

Nick Hodge

How can Oracle DB Stored procedure be called in MS Excel?

Amol

If not a stored procedure, certainly and Oracle table should be available
via OLEDB. If you go in Excel to Import External DataImport data... and
select New Data Source... Select Other AdvancedOLEDB Oracle Database and
then trip through the wizard. I don't have Oracle so can't get past first
wizard screen to see if it accepts SPs but that should get you on your way.
You can save the connection strings as a file too.

I use SQL here

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/gui/datam...rtexternal.htm

--
HTH