-   -   view column headings (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/124995-view-column-headings.html)

wadp1

view column headings

How do I lock the top row of column headings so they remain in view as I
scroll down the columns? Thanks!

David Biddulph

view column headings

If you don't really mean the column headings (A, B, C, ...) but whatever you
have in row 1 of your spreadsheet, then you want "freeze panes", so click on
row 2, then Window/ Freeze Panes. If, as well as freezing row 1, you also
wanted to freeze columns A and B (for example), then click in cell C2, and
Window/ Freeze Panes. It will freeze everything above and to the left of the
active cell.
--
David Biddulph

"wadp1" wrote in message
How do I lock the top row of column headings so they remain in view as I
scroll down the columns? Thanks!

Niek Otten

view column headings

Select A2, WindowFreeze Pane