Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MOSS 2K7 and Excel 2007

Hi all,

I've been getting to grips with the excel services functionality of MOSS
2007 and am having a few problems. I have office 2007 installed on the
sharepoint test server and have been trying to create an Office Data
connection to my analysis services server. I am getting the follow error
when trying to get external data from the analysis service source:

Unable to connect to data source: Unable to locate database server. Verify
that the database server name you entered is correct, or contact the database
administrator for help.

I can access the same server using a database connection so it's not a name
resolution issue. This was also working previously, the only thing i can this
that has been changed is that on out test db/analysis server we had to
install sharepoint services and business scorecard manager for testing
purposes. Could this have caused something to get a little confused?

Any help anyone can provide will be much appreciated as i've been at this
for about 2 days now.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Grant