-   -   Pasting link in row as column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/124841-pasting-link-row-column.html)

V.Jeyakumar

Pasting link in row as column

I had two file file A & B. File B is linked to file A.The data in file A are
in rows. Infile B i mlinked it in columns. NOw i want to change the format
and so copy paste the column to rows. But link is not pasted . I used the
following steps.Edit- Pastespeacial- Values ( in paste) and Transpose.
Please advice.

Thanks
V.Jeyakumar

Dave Peterson

Pasting link in row as column

If I understand correctly...

Select the range to copy
Edit|Copy

Find an empty spot in the second worksheet away from where you really want the
data. (You'll clean this up later.)

Edit|Paste special|Click Paste link

Now select that pasted range
edit|Replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: $$$$$=
replace all

Now copy that range of plain old text
Edit|copy
Find its real home
edit|Paste special|Transpose

And then change the text back to formulas
edit|Replace
what: $$$$$=
with: =
Replace all