-   -   Created date in "General" tape and "Statistics" tape (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/124812-created-date-general-tape-statistics-tape.html)

Winnie

Created date in "General" tape and "Statistics" tape

In the Excel, when I click File Properties, the system will show the
created date.

What are the different of created date in "General" tape and "Statistics"
tape?

JR Hester

Created date in "General" tape and "Statistics" tape

I am going to offer a theory here, I have not been able to confirm. However
form some files I checked, here is my theory:

The General tab of teh file properties shows a date created that appears to
be the date the file first appeared on the computer( one defienition of date
created).
The statistics tab reports the date that the file was indeed first created(
maybe on another system)

I advance this theory for confirmation. I only the discrepancy in files I
have downloaded from an outside source, not those that I have created myself.

Hopefully one of the MVP's can confirm or offer another explanation.

Hope this helps!