-   -   Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/124749-excel-formula-calulate-number-days-passed-date-date.html)

K. Mack

Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date

Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

Sean Timmons

Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date

It's as simple as you think.
cell C2 should be
B2-A2
Format as number.

"K. Mack" wrote:

Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

Roger Govier

Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date

Hi

With start in A1 and end in B1
=B1-A1

Add +1 is if you want to include the whole of the first day and the
whole of the last day

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"K. Mack" wrote in message
Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the
amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help
would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm
missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

Gary''s Student

Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date

=B1-A1

Must format as a number rather than a date!
--
Gary's Student

"K. Mack" wrote:

Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

Dave Peterson

Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date

Just subtract them and format the cell as General.

=b2-a2

(or if you want to include one of the end dates)

=b2-a2+1
(or +2 for both days???)

K. Mack wrote:

Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Nick Hodge

Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date

As dates are whole numbers just subtract one from the other and format the
cell as general as it will automatically format it as a date

Remember: you can't have negative dates in Excel (without some changes)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"K. Mack" wrote in message
Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the
amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help
would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing
but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

K. Mack

Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to d

That's the ticket! Thanks so much.

"K. Mack" wrote:

Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

Roger Govier

Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date

Hi Dave
(or +2 for both days???)

No, just 1 to add.
05 Jan 07 - 01 Jan 07 = 4

Actual days 01,02,03,04,05 = 5
--
Regards

Roger Govier

K. Mack wrote:

Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the
amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any
help would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm
missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date

Oops.

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Dave
(or +2 for both days???)