-   -   why am i limited to only 3 conditional formatting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/12463-why-am-i-limited-only-3-conditional-formatting.html)

yigalb

why am i limited to only 3 conditional formatting?

I try to auto-color certain values - and I did it with conditional
formatting. Why cant I add 4th and 5th conditions ?

Ron de Bruin

Hi yigalb

Check out this great Add-in
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"yigalb" wrote in message ...
I try to auto-color certain values - and I did it with conditional
formatting. Why cant I add 4th and 5th conditions ?

Myrna Larson

Because Microsoft didn't program it to handle more than 3.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:51:08 -0800, yigalb
wrote:

I try to auto-color certain values - and I did it with conditional
formatting. Why cant I add 4th and 5th conditions ?

Fred Smith

Why are there any limits in Excel (rows, columns, etc.)? Because it's very
difficult to program for an infinite number of entries. So all companies,
Microsoft included, walk the fine line of matching the cost of a feature to
the expected revenue. They typically will provide features to the 95th
percentile. Based on the small number of people who have requested more than
three conditions in conditional formatting, I'll bet they met their
objective.

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

"yigalb" wrote in message
I try to auto-color certain values - and I did it with conditional
formatting. Why cant I add 4th and 5th conditions ?

JE McGimpsey

If your entries are numeric you can get up to 6 font color conditions:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html