-   -   I would like to input a time without the seconds showing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/124602-i-would-like-input-time-without-seconds-showing.html)

Tara

I would like to input a time without the seconds showing

I have tried to format the cell by using both general and time formats. When
using h:mm AM/PM the seconds till show up. I am using this for a mail merge
and don't want the time to reflect seconds.

Roger Govier

I would like to input a time without the seconds showing

Hi Tara

FormatCellsNumberCustom h:mm

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Tara" wrote in message
I have tried to format the cell by using both general and time formats.
When
using h:mm AM/PM the seconds till show up. I am using this for a mail
merge
and don't want the time to reflect seconds.

David Biddulph

I would like to input a time without the seconds showing

If you're talking not about how the cells are displayed in Excel, but how
the data appears in a mail merge in Word, try
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...164951033.aspx
The easy option is to produce a helper column using the TEXT() function.
--
David Biddulph

"Tara" wrote in message
I have tried to format the cell by using both general and time formats.
When
using h:mm AM/PM the seconds till show up. I am using this for a mail
merge
and don't want the time to reflect seconds.

Tara

I would like to input a time without the seconds showing

Thank you but in doing so it converts the time to a 24 hour clock and I need
it to remain 12 hour (2:00 PM vs 14:00)

Tara

"Tara" wrote in message
I have tried to format the cell by using both general and time formats.
When
using h:mm AM/PM the seconds till show up. I am using this for a mail
merge
and don't want the time to reflect seconds.

Roger Govier

I would like to input a time without the seconds showing

Hi

Then try
FormatCellsNumberCustom h:mm AM/PM

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Tara" wrote in message
I have tried to format the cell by using both general and time
formats.
When
using h:mm AM/PM the seconds till show up. I am using this for a
mail
merge
and don't want the time to reflect seconds.

bocaei

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Govier (Post 427652)

"Tara" wrote in message
I have tried to format the cell by using both general and time
formats.
When
using h:mm AM/PM the seconds till show up. I am using this for a
mail
merge
and don't want the time to reflect seconds.

I couldn't find a way to get it to merge correctly either. I let the merge complete into a separate document I used find and replace to get rid of the :00 - that took 3 hours to figure out. Arrgghh! Best work around i could find. hope it helps.