-   -   copy middle digits from one cell into another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/124547-copy-middle-digits-one-cell-into-another.html)

Sharon R

copy middle digits from one cell into another

I need to copy the middle digits of a number into another cell. i.e. if the
number were skl233ks03za, in cell A1, then I would need to copy only 33ks0
into cell D1. Does anyone know how to do this?

Peo Sjoblom

copy middle digits from one cell into another

What's the rule behind it, is it always starting with the 5th character
and is it always 5 characters long? If so

=MID(A1,5,5)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom