Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Clearing files in list that no longer exist

When I open Excel or Word, or any others, I get a list of files that no
longer exist in my data base. How does one clear that list which seems to
default on hitting the 'open' icon in the upper left hand corner?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
Have a look at TOOLS / OPTIONS / GENERAL
and uncheck the recently opened file list box.

Regards
Michael M

"OpaRon" wrote:

When I open Excel or Word, or any others, I get a list of files that no
longer exist in my data base. How does one clear that list which seems to
default on hitting the 'open' icon in the upper left hand corner?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I'm old school.... Excel 2003
I'm sure others will jump in, but can you use the help file and type in
recently used files

Regards
Michael M

"OpaRon" wrote:

Where is 'Tools' in Excel 2007?
Thanks,
OpaRon

"OpaRon" wrote:

When I open Excel or Word, or any others, I get a list of files that no
longer exist in my data base. How does one clear that list which seems to
default on hitting the 'open' icon in the upper left hand corner?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry Michael,
I can't even find a 'Help' file in this new Office 2007 Professional Trial
Version I downloaded and installed several times before I got it to work.
OpaRon

"Michael M" wrote:

Sorry, I'm old school.... Excel 2003
I'm sure others will jump in, but can you use the help file and type in
recently used files

Regards
Michael M

"OpaRon" wrote:

Where is 'Tools' in Excel 2007?
Thanks,
OpaRon

"OpaRon" wrote:

When I open Excel or Word, or any others, I get a list of files that no
longer exist in my data base. How does one clear that list which seems to
default on hitting the 'open' icon in the upper left hand corner?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's under the same icon where you click to open a file, below on the
right hand side called Excel Options

The help is located top right hand side and it is a question mark icon

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Michael M" wrote:

Sorry, I'm old school.... Excel 2003
I'm sure others will jump in, but can you use the help file and type in
recently used files

Regards
Michael M

"OpaRon" wrote:

Where is 'Tools' in Excel 2007?
Thanks,
OpaRon

"OpaRon" wrote:

When I open Excel or Word, or any others, I get a list of files that no
longer exist in my data base. How does one clear that list which seems to
default on hitting the 'open' icon in the upper left hand corner?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Peo, that did it.
OpaRon

"Michael M" wrote:

Sorry, I'm old school.... Excel 2003
I'm sure others will jump in, but can you use the help file and type in
recently used files

Regards
Michael M

"OpaRon" wrote: