Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default underline button

The underline toolbar button is not functioning properly. When I click on
the button it underlines the entire cell not the data in the cell. I have
tried to reset the toolbar and button to the default but it still continues
to underline the entire cell.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,
Barb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, I haven't.....
but my general advice is to free up some
valuable toolbar real estate by
using [Ctrl]+U to toggle underlining on/off.

Also, a couple other shortcuts:
BOLD........[Ctrl]+B
ITALICS....[Ctrl]+I

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Barb" wrote:

The underline toolbar button is not functioning properly. When I click on
the button it underlines the entire cell not the data in the cell. I have
tried to reset the toolbar and button to the default but it still continues
to underline the entire cell.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,
Barb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Barb, anyone else is going to tell you exactly the same thing that Rob did.

Just a little hint, though: highlight the text you want the underline to
apply to, then push the button or use ctrl+U. I find it a LOT easier to
remove all those silly buttons and just use the keyboard shortcuts, however.
Trust me. It makes things faster and organizes everything better.

--Lauren