-   -   How to take out a list from a list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/124329-how-take-out-list-list.html)

noyau

How to take out a list from a list

There is a table of 8 columns and X rows from A1 to G(X). I am entering new
values everyday. I am trying to form a secondary list making use of values in
column C (which are; A,B,C,1,2,3,4,5) as reference. I would like to have all
rows containing "B" in column C to from a new listing in the next sheet.

Dave Peterson

How to take out a list from a list

You may want to look at the way Ron de Bruin and Debra Dalgleish approached it:

Ron de Bruin's EasyFilter addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Code from Debra Dalgleish's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

--

Dave Peterson

CLR

How to take out a list from a list

Take a look at Data Filter Autofilter..........then sort on Column C for
your "B".....then copy and paste the date to the new sheet..........

To return the data to normal, just do Data Filter Autofilter
again...it's a toggle.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck CABGx3