-   -   Weight Gain Loss (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/124225-weight-gain-loss.html)

JoeMNY

Weight Gain Loss

I see the question was posted previously but the answer didn't help me so
maybe someone can help.

I have a worksheet with dail weights broken down by week e.g.:
C1 Beginning Weigth
B3:B9 Dates (week 1)
C3:C9 Weights
F3:F9 Dates (week 2)
G3:G9 Weights
etc.
After all the entries I want to have a "Monthly Gain/Loss" cell.

I hope this is clear
TIA

Gary''s Student

Weight Gain Loss

Considering re-organizing your data so all the dates fall in column B and all
the weights on those dates fall in column C:

1/1/2007 161
1/8/2007 161
1/15/2007 160
1/22/2007 160
1/29/2007 159
2/5/2007 159
2/12/2007 158
2/19/2007 159
2/26/2007 158
3/5/2007 157
3/12/2007 156
3/19/2007 156
3/26/2007 157
4/2/2007 156
4/9/2007 155
4/16/2007 155
4/23/2007 154
4/30/2007 154
5/7/2007 154

Now you only need to subtract two numbers for each month

for Jan use:
=C1-C5
for Feb use:
-C6-C9

etc.
--
Gary''s Student

"JoeMNY" wrote:

I see the question was posted previously but the answer didn't help me so
maybe someone can help.

I have a worksheet with dail weights broken down by week e.g.:
C1 Beginning Weigth
B3:B9 Dates (week 1)
C3:C9 Weights
F3:F9 Dates (week 2)
G3:G9 Weights
etc.
After all the entries I want to have a "Monthly Gain/Loss" cell.

I hope this is clear
TIA

stfarrar

Weight Gain Loss

Keep all your data in 2 columns- date and weight

Then you can use a vlookup formula to find the weight on a given day and
subtract that from your starting weight

With any kind of data it's always good to organize it in a table

JoeMNY wrote:
I see the question was posted previously but the answer didn't help me so
maybe someone can help.

I have a worksheet with dail weights broken down by week e.g.:
C1 Beginning Weigth
B3:B9 Dates (week 1)
C3:C9 Weights
F3:F9 Dates (week 2)
G3:G9 Weights
etc.
After all the entries I want to have a "Monthly Gain/Loss" cell.

I hope this is clear
TIA

Bernard Liengme

Weight Gain Loss

We all wish you every success in making the weight go down.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme