-   -   Numbers changing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/124136-numbers-changing.html)

Justme-in-Az

Numbers changing

I'm having a problem with typeing number into a cell. I'm trying to put the
number 270073037038 and it is putting 2.70073E+11, infact every number I'm
putting in is showing that same number. The weird thing is, they all will go
to the correct hyperlink, or if you click on it the correct number shows.
What can I do to correct it? I'm using Excel 2007.

Thanks,
Heidi

Dave Peterson

Numbers changing

Try giving those cells a different number format.
Select the cells
Format|cells|Number tab|Number
(with 0 decimal places???)

You may have to widen the column to see the value.

--

Dave Peterson

Justme-in-Az

Numbers changing

Thank you so much! I was changing the format last night but I never thought
to do the 0 decimal place!