Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a new formula(s) and/or macros

OK...I have a excel formula(s)/macro that I want to build and really have
gotten stuck on trying to finish it off. Here is why to what I would like
this thing to pull off:

I run this fanatsy sim hockey league with a friend...its a keeper league
that has contracts and drafts and free agency. Well, its the free agency
that consumes my time. This is what I'm trying to do...
1) we want to have a player randomly say what he is looking for (I have
gottent that piece).

2) we would like the player to go to a team that makes an offer randomly
(not quite there on this part, b/c of #3)

3) we would like to have percentages based on the teams' offer...meaning, if
a team makes a better offer then what the player is looking for, that the
team has better odds at picking him up. (I have how the odds increase or
decrease, based on contract length and amount).

Basically, What I have been doing in the past is taking the teams offers and
putting the teams into a hat, the better the offer, the more times there name
is in the hat.

So, if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.
Thanks in advance
Cheers