-   -   Part 2 of Show zero values only when data is..... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/124048-part-2-show-zero-values-only-when-data.html)

gevew

Part 2 of Show zero values only when data is.....

As in my previous question I require that zero values only show when data is
entered in adjoining fields. What I failed to mention is that the field that
I want the zero values to show up in is a calculation (=SUM(C2-F2)+D2). How
do I combine your suggestion with my calculation?

Please let me know if you come up with a solution for my print problem as
well.

Thanks
Happy New Year

Sean Timmons

Part 2 of Show zero values only when data is.....

And Happy new year to you! :-)

"gevew" wrote:

As in my previous question I require that zero values only show when data is
entered in adjoining fields. What I failed to mention is that the field that
I want the zero values to show up in is a calculation (=SUM(C2-F2)+D2). How
do I combine your suggestion with my calculation?

Please let me know if you come up with a solution for my print problem as
well.

Thanks
Happy New Year

Sean Timmons

Part 2 of Show zero values only when data is.....

if(counta(B2:IV2)=0,"",=SUM(C2-F2)+D2)

"gevew" wrote:

As in my previous question I require that zero values only show when data is
entered in adjoining fields. What I failed to mention is that the field that
I want the zero values to show up in is a calculation (=SUM(C2-F2)+D2). How
do I combine your suggestion with my calculation?

Please let me know if you come up with a solution for my print problem as
well.

Thanks
Happy New Year

pinmaster

Part 2 of Show zero values only when data is.....

Hi,

Another way:

=IF((C2-F2)+D2=0,"",(C2-F2)+D2)

Or,to not show any zeros at all.........Tools/Options/View and uncheck "zero
values"

HTH
Jean-Guy

"gevew" wrote:

As in my previous question I require that zero values only show when data is
entered in adjoining fields. What I failed to mention is that the field that
I want the zero values to show up in is a calculation (=SUM(C2-F2)+D2). How
do I combine your suggestion with my calculation?

Please let me know if you come up with a solution for my print problem as
well.

Thanks
Happy New Year

gevew

Part 2 of Show zero values only when data is.....

Thanks but I have to have the zero values showing for rows with data in them.
I will try this as well though.

"gevew" wrote:

As in my previous question I require that zero values only show when data is
entered in adjoining fields. What I failed to mention is that the field that
I want the zero values to show up in is a calculation (=SUM(C2-F2)+D2). How
do I combine your suggestion with my calculation?

Please let me know if you come up with a solution for my print problem as
well.

Thanks
Happy New Year

gevew

Part 2 of Show zero values only when data is.....

Excellent, this worked perfectly for me except that it didn't like the =
before sum so I removed it. Have a great 2007

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

if(counta(B2:IV2)=0,"",=SUM(C2-F2)+D2)

"gevew" wrote:

As in my previous question I require that zero values only show when data is
entered in adjoining fields. What I failed to mention is that the field that
I want the zero values to show up in is a calculation (=SUM(C2-F2)+D2). How
do I combine your suggestion with my calculation?

Please let me know if you come up with a solution for my print problem as
well.

Thanks
Happy New Year

Sean Timmons

Part 2 of Show zero values only when data is.....

Sorry about that... should have looked before I pasted. :-)

"gevew" wrote:

Excellent, this worked perfectly for me except that it didn't like the =
before sum so I removed it. Have a great 2007

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

if(counta(B2:IV2)=0,"",=SUM(C2-F2)+D2)