-   -   Ahead or behind the average (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123885-ahead-behind-average.html)

Dave O.

Ahead or behind the average

I posted earlier regarding tracking progress and coloring and after icing the
vein in my forehead I will try and explain it another way.

In G26 i have days worked, in H26 i have applications taken. The average is
2.5 applications taken per day. In I26 i would like to post whether they are
ahead or behind the average an by how many.

Example...2 days worked, 3 applications taken, the rep is 2 behind the
average of 5. I would like the answer (2) to appear in I26 in red because he
is behind. If he was ahead of the average of 5, let say he had 6
applications in I would like the answer (1) to appear in green.

Trever B

Ahead or behind the average

Hi dave O,

I hope this is what you want.

Answer in two part

1 - Formular for I25 is =H25-(G25*2.5)

2. Set Conditional format for cell I25 as follows:-

a) Cell value less than 0 (Set patten to red)

B) Add 2nd Condition cell value greater than or equal to 0 (Set patten to
Green)

Hope this is what you want.

Trev